Friday, May 22, 2009

In which "The Parting Glass" has gotten stuck in my head

It's my last night; right now I'm on my way out the door to meet R. My stuff is all packed, and it will be a miracle if it's all under the weight limits (dunno what I'll do if it isn't!). The apartment is cleaner than it has ever been. R is also going to meet me tomorrow morning to help walk my stuff over to the bus station...it would only be a fiver for a cab, so I was considering just doing that, but tomorrow is the start of the Volvo Boat Race (or rather, the start of Galway's celebration leg of it!) and the place is bustling, and after seeing how backed up the traffic on my street was today, walking will be much faster. Also, it will be nice to have someone there to see me off!

The rest of the updating I was planning to do this week got derailed due to hanging out with R and C, so I'll tack that on to the end of the updates I'll post in the next week or so.

Onward to the pub! And then to bed, and then to bus station, to airport, to JFK, to Midd!! (Deep breath) To Burlington, to Chicago, to Home!! (Another breath) To Ithaca!

I am going to be tuckered out by the time my internship starts.
Tuckered out but happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Wailin' Jennies' version or The High Kings'? Congratulations on finishing, and have a safe trip home (and they'll probably just make you pay a bit more to check overloaded luggage, but smiling can sometimes work too :) )!

Speech recognition sounds cool! And very timely research too, especially if you've been looking in Google Voice lately. (Can't wait!)