Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In which I accidentally post on the wrong website. Hah.

So I'm leaving that last post up even though I meant it to end up somewhere else, because it describes my day pretty accurately.

I'm listening to Hallie's "Calm Afternoon Mix" even though it is very much night (or morning, depending on how you look at it) and trying to pretend that I'm even remotely interested in going to bed. Am I? Not so much. Tomorrow is going to be pretty busy (three classes + homework volunteering + choir? + session? + inauguration?) but my Sense of Awake sees no reason.

Also about today:
  • The land line phone in my apartment actually works, so if you want to call me I can give you the number
  • I broke my "I'm not going to spend any money today" pledge (after I brought a lunch and everything!) because the school was so bloody cold that I had to buy a warm drink to not turn into an ice sculpture during the lit lecture. Good thing, too, because ten minutes into the class (after the literary map of Ulysses was handed out and after we heard an advertising speech for a vacation agency, given by some girl from New Zealand...there's a first for everything, I guess, but I had a really hard time not laughing while she gave her spiel. It was not at all literary!) the fire alarm went off. It was quite musical --Bb ->D eighth notes that echoed through the halls just enough to make cool triads--but also a bit of a pain, because it was cold today and my rainboots have no insulation.
  • I have an additional email address now, in case you want to confuse me: h.robertson1@nuigalway.ie . It proves that I am a real student.
  • We had snow flurries this morning. The swans don't seem to mind, but my heron is still missing. I wonder where he's gone?
Also, for those of you who have expressed dismay at not being able to see any of my pictures: no, I'm not personally excluding you! I just haven't actually posted any albums yet. So. Soon!


(Today was a good day for mail. Either that or the landlady hordes mail! Either way, it made the afternoon very excellent.)

1 comment:

Alison said...

So much mail - cool! And choir? Cool!